200 hours of watching time. 10,000 impressions. And, 3 in 5 viewers converted to sign-ups. Imagine getting this end result by creating your first-ever product demo video and embedding it on your website. The feeling you get with the end results is surreal.
“But how do I find the right demo software to create my first demo and get such results?”
You don’t have to worry because we’ve got your back. Hi, demo engineers! In this article, we’ll share with you everything that you need to choose a right demo software.
Here’s what we’ll uncover:
- 5 best demo software
- Tips to create the most perfect demo video
All sorted, right? So, without further ado, let’s get into the article.
What are Product Demo Video Makers?
A product demo video demonstrates the real value of your product by showcasing how the product works, and how demo viewers can utilize the product to its full potential. It highlights the value, benefits, and key features the product offers. The goal of these product demos is to create awareness and generate interest in your product for prospects to make the purchasing decision.
A product demo video maker is the tool or software that you use to create such product demo videos. These demo makers help you capture or record product screens, customize, and publish them on dedicated channels like websites or emails.
5 Best Product Demo Video Makers in 2023
According to a survey we conducted at Storylane, we found out that a whopping 28% of website visitors get converted to leads using an interactive product demo video embedded on their website. To be able to craft an interactive product demo video that brings you similar results, you need a product demo video maker.
Here is the list of 5 best product demo video makers to help you create a compelling demo video:
Storylane is a no-code platform that enables you to build interactive product demos in 10 minutes, using screenshots and HTML captures.
- With screenshot captures, you can upload product screenshots to the software and simply add them together and create your own easy-peasy interactive product demo video.
- With HTML captures, you can record HTML screens for your demos and edit the demo. Editing your demo includes changing the text, replacing images, blurring the elements, deleting and hiding the elements, embedding videos and GIFs, and so on.
Also, the platform allows you to track demo analytics like leads, viewer engagement, CTA clicks, time spent on the demo, completion time, and much more.
Additionally, it offers AI assistance like adding voiceovers to videos, and translating the demos to different languages—which is a great feature for sales and marketing teams who target multi-lingual prospects.
- Lead tracking lets you add a lead form inside the demo (native form Storylane and custom integrations with Hubspot, Marketo, and Pardot) to collect user information such as the lead’s name and email address.
- Powerful usage tracking with analytics such as impressions, demos engaged, leads, CTAs clicked, last view, time spent, and completion.
- Customizing guided product tours using AI voice generator, AI translation, AI Guide Write and AI Guide Improve
- Competitive pricing
- Incredible customer support
- Allows both HTML and screenshot captures
- Supports embedding custom lead gen forms from any marketing automation tool to collect contact information of the leads
$40 per month
Consensus is a demo software that lets sales reps create custom demos, share them with stakeholders, and get detailed reports for all the demo activities.
With Consensus’s Demolytics, users can view stakeholder insights such as demos sent, organic stakeholders discovered, view rate, features selected, and “docs” downloaded.
- The ability to customize video content.
- With Consensus’s Demoboard, you can create a personalized landing page for a specific customer persona.
- It lets prospects share the demo with their colleagues.
- It is difficult to navigate the database of video recordings.
- Inability to have multiple demos on a single demoboard.
- The mobile app needs improvement.
Navattic helps you create interactive product guides by enabling capturing product screens (HTML captures), editing the demo, and sharing it with potential buyers.
- The HTML smart screen recorder lets capture screens using the HTML code from your website, which helps you share the product screens without sharing any confidential data.
- Navattic’s engagement tracking system helps understand how prospects interact with demos.
- Intuitive interface
- New features are released frequently
- Top-notch customer support
- Lacks screenshot demos
- Limited analytics
$500 per month
Reprise is an enterprise-focused demo software for sales and marketing leaders that creates live demos, guided demos, and product tours for its audience.
Reprise Reveal lets you customize your live demo by modifying text, images and other content for real-time content adaptation in live demos.
- Top-notch customer support
- Provides advanced and interactive elements like default linking of all pages, animation elements, anonymizing the data, tailoring the data for a specific person, and so on.
- Not user-friendly
- Has a steep learning curve
- Does not support creating tour experiences for mobile platforms
- The App Capture feature needs improvement
- The demo creation process is time-consuming
Walnut is codeless demo software that enables B2B companies to fully customize, manage, and optimize their sales demos.
- Powerful editing capabilities such as updating the images, texts, and graphs, applying bulk changes, anonymizing the data, and more.
- UI editor is slick
- Powerful editing capabilities by its online video editor
- Auto-aligns the captured screenshots—making it easier to process the entire demo storyline.
- Documentation and KB support need to be improved.
Pricing not provided
How to Make a Demo?
Once you have picked the right demo maker that fits your needs, you need to understand how to create the demo on the specific platform. Below we have listed the exact steps you need to follow in order to create your perfect product demo video.
1. Create a storyboard
Note down the features you want to show in the demo and how you plan to record them.
2. Create recordings
Once you’ve mapped out the storyboard, take a screenshot of your product screens or record HTML screens.
3. Edit video
This is where you'll edit the product videos and add all the bells and whistles like removing sensitive data, adding the instructions for the viewer, etc., making sure there's cohesiveness in the video, that one feature ties to another, and all of it tells a single story.
Now comes the meaty part to embed your interactive demos. You can embed the demo on your website, email sequences, and short feature-guided demo in emails. Additionally, sales reps can leverage live demos, or sales leave-behinds to build the purchase momentum for the prospect.
Evaluate Your Needs, and Choose.
You don’t need a perfect demo software that your competitor is using. Instead, you need a product demo maker that fits your needs. Although we have shared the best product demo makers with you in the article above, you need to evaluate your demo needs first.
“Do I want to do a voiceover for my product demos?”
“Do I want to add lead gen forms to my product demos?”
“Do I want detailed analytics to track the demo performance?”
Once you have figured out the answers to all your questions, use these tools as your guide and choose the one that fits your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What makes a good demo?
A good demo demonstrates the real value your product offers. Here’s what makes a product demo so good:
- The demo is hyper-personalized to the ideal customer profile.
- The demo emphasizes the benefits along with the features.
- The demo is accessible (more than one time).
- The demo can capture the lead’s contact details
- The demo can be updated regularly and edited as per the new changes in the product.
- The demo offers powerful analytics to track the demo performance.
Q2. How do I make a free demo video?
You can create a free demo with Storylane. Here’s how you can do it:
Step 1: Install Storylane’s Chrome Browser Extension.
Step 2: Record HTML (editable) and screenshots (non-editable) screens.
Step 3: Publish and share the demo.