Sales is a tough but extremely rewarding profession in today's world.
Because it can boost your business and even change the minds of the toughest sharks to increase your company's valuation.
That's why everyone, from companies to individuals, is focused on improving the art of selling.
But in our tech-driven era, SaaS tools have become crucial for businesses across different areas, including sales. For sales leaders, investing in the right sales tech stack is no longer a luxury; it's a necessity in today's competitive landscape.
Integrating your sales tech stack is not merely about automating processes but about striding towards smarter, strong, relationship-centric selling. The right tech stack equipped with the right strategy can indeed be a game-changer for any B2B brand.
- Daniel Chabert, CEO & Founder, PurpleFire
How to Use Technology to Elevate Your Sales Game?
Matthew Ramirez, Founder at Rephrase Media, Inc, shares, “For B2B companies, marketing automation can automate tasks like sending emails to leads, creating drip campaigns, and triggering emails to customers based on their behavior. It can also help with lead scoring and identify sales qualified leads. For B2C companies, marketing automation can help streamline the customer service processes, improve customer satisfaction, and provide better insights into customer behavior.”
Now let's automate the sales journey and see its impact through an example.
Let's meet two SDRs, Mark and Lisa. Mark relies on traditional methods without using technology, and Lisa embraces technology to enhance her sales game.
Mark, the Traditional SDR:
- Relies on manual processes and limited tools.
- Spends hours prospecting through printed directories and making cold calls.
- Struggles to keep track of customer interactions.
- Uses static slide decks for presentations, lacking visual appeal and interactivity.
- Faces delays in closing deals due to paperwork and manual document signing.
- Manually manages customer information, leading to disorganization and missed opportunities.
Lisa, the Tech-Savvy SDR:
- Embraces technology to enhance her sales game.
- Leverages advanced CRM systems and data analytics tools for lead identification and tracking.
- Utilizes automated email outreach and follow-up sequences for efficient communication.
- Creates dynamic and engaging demos with multimedia and interactive content.
- Utilizes e-signature solutions for swift and streamlined contract signing.
- Effortlessly manages customer interactions and maintains personalized communication.
The right technology can take your sales game to a whole new level, making it safe to say that being more like Lisa rather than Mark is the way to go. With the right tools, you can elevate your sales performance tenfold.
But how to know what technology to use with so many options available today? That's where an ideal sales tech stack comes in.
What is a Sales Tech Stack?
A sales tech stack refers to the collection of cloud-based technology tools that a company's sales team utilizes to perform their job effectively. The sales tech stack is carefully curated to support and enhance the sales process, enabling the team to maximize their productivity and achieve their goals efficiently.
Ideal Sales Tech Stack = Maximizes efficiency + Minimizes resources + Provides Highest ROI
What tools should you use to get an ideal sales tech stack? We have curated an ideal sales tech stack for you that will make your boss go from “ You can do better” to “You are the best.”
Let's get into it!
15 Tools that Need to be in Your Sale Tech Stack
Building an effective sales tech stack involves selecting the right tools that align with your team's needs and goals. These tools can streamline processes, improve efficiency, and drive sales effectiveness.
“Building an effective sales tech stack is a necessity for B2B brands, not a luxury. This is driven by not only the increasingly complicated and competitive B2B sales environment but also by an equally complex customer journey. This necessitates the need for a range of tools that can capture and analyze data at every point in that journey, deliver insights on customer behavior, and expedite the sales process, amongst other things.
It’s essential to facing the inherent challenges of today's B2B sales landscape, but remember, it's not about chasing every new shiny tool. Rather, it's about finding the right tools that will offer real value to your sales cycle and integrating them effectively.”
- Diana Stepanova, the Operations Director at Monitask
Here are a few essential tools that should be considered for your sales tech stack:
Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
A CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system is software that helps businesses keep track of their interactions and relationships with customers. It allows companies to manage prospect data, track sales activities, and manage the sales pipeline. It is essential in your tech stack to manage the leads generated through your inbound marketing or outbound sales efforts.
Here are some best CRM tools to include in your sales tech stack:
Ideal for: Businesses of all sizes, from small startups to large enterprises.
Salesforce CRM is a widely recognized and highly customizable customer relationship management software. It offers a range of features to streamline and optimize sales processes, including lead management, opportunity tracking, contact management, and sales forecasting. It automates manual tasks, centralizes customer data, and provides insights to drive sales productivity.
- Customizable dashboard for real-time insights.
- Seamless integration with third-party apps.
- Robust app marketplace for expanded functionality.
- Initial setup and customization can be complex and time-consuming.
- The user interface may be overwhelming for new users.
Starting Price: Starts from $25 per month.
G2 ratings: 4.3/5
2. Close CRM
Ideal for: Small startups to mid-sized companies (SMEs)
Close is a sales engagement CRM for SMBs that turns leads into revenue. It offers productivity tools like task reminders and a Power Dialer for efficient communication and features like lead management, global calling, 2-way email sync, and reporting.
Founder of Testify, Abhishek Shah shares, “CRM systems serve as the backbone of a sales tech stack, enabling efficient contact management, pipeline tracking, and customer engagement.”
It integrates with over 50 applications, has a built-in text messaging feature, and offers support via email, phone, and a knowledge base.
- User-friendly interface and easy onboarding process.
- Premium telephony and VoIP options for efficient communication.
- Particularly beneficial for industries such as financial planning services, insurance, and real estate.
- Limited features for other departments, especially in terms of marketing and customer support capabilities.
Starting Price: 29$ per month
G2 ratings: 4.6/5
Ideal for: SMEs looking for a budget-friendly option.
Monday's sales CRM is a highly customizable platform that helps manage and nurture leads throughout the sales process. With a versatile dashboard, extensive integrations (including Outlook, Gmail, and Salesforce), and easy automation setup, it simplifies sales pipeline management and offers time-saving features for efficient lead tracking and organization.
- User-friendly interface for easy navigation and usage.
- An intuitive design that enhances the overall user experience.
- Offers unique and innovative features not found in other CRM platforms.
- Free plan to explore the platform without an investment.
- Pricing, based on groups of seats, is potentially costly for smaller teams.
- Limitations on actions between integrated apps per month.
Starting Price: 8$ per month ( free plan available)
G2 ratings: 4.7/5
Once you've generated leads, the next step is to convert and nurture them. And if you’re a team that invests in outbound sales, you definitely need one of these to get prospect lists and their contact information.
Here are some essential leader generation tools to include in your sales tech stack:
Ideal for: B2B companies of all sizes, from small to large organizations.
ZoomInfo lead generation software is a cloud-based solution that provides actionable B2B contact data to help businesses acquire leads and increase marketing ROI.
It offers advanced search functionality, real-time sales intelligence, integration with key CRM platforms, automated lead enrichment, and data-driven insights to optimize sales and marketing efforts. With features like FormComplete, ZoomInfo helps convert website visitors into opportunities and streamline lead generation processes.
- Extensive database of contact and company information from multiple sources.
- High data quality and accuracy.
- Contact finder and direct dials feature for easier cold calling.
- Slow customer support response time.
- Relatively higher pricing compared to other sales intelligence platforms.
Starting Price: Request for quote
G2 rating: 4.4/5
Ideal for: Sales, recruitment, and marketing teams for businesses of all sizes.
Lusha is a lead generation platform that enables users to find and collect contact details of prospects from various sources, create lists, and export them to your CRMs. With features like automatic contact updates in Salesforce, lead scoring, and integration capabilities with popular applications, Lusha offers comprehensive solutions.
- Easy access to contact info through Lusha's Chrome and LinkedIn plug-ins.
- Capturing cell phone data is a valuable feature for remote work scenarios.
- Lusha expands your contact database for effective outreach.
- Inconsistent or missing call numbers.
- The potential risk of encountering fraud.
Starting Price: 29$ for 40 credits ( free plan available)
G2 rating: 4.3 / 5
Ideal for: Sales representatives with popular CRM tools integrated.
RocketReach is a web-based demand generation platform that provides users with email addresses, phone numbers, and social links worldwide. With its advanced search and accurate database, users can easily discover leads and connect with decision-makers. Integration with popular CRMs like Salesforce and HubSpot enhances its functionality.
- User-friendly interface with advanced contact filtering.
- Cross-check social accounts for accurate contact information.
- Essential tool for sales with access to email addresses.
- Search sensitivity to minor variations.
- Occasional data accuracy issues.
Starting Price: 38$ for 80 prospects ( free plan available)
G2 ratings: 4.5/5
A quick tip!
G2 and similar rating platforms provide a valuable resource for sales representatives to find prospects by analyzing competitors' profiles and customer reviews. This enables targeted pitching based on identified pain points and offers alternative solutions to potential customers.
Research And Analysis
Personalizing your outreach to prospects is vital, as it can increase conversions by 60%. Research tools offer valuable prospect information and competitive insights, helping you make informed decisions and improve outreach strategies.These tools give you critical information like what kind of tools do your prospects use, which pages of your website did they visit the most, which industry are they operating in, and much more.
Let's check out some research tools from your sales tech stack:
Ideal for: All business sizes seeking competitor analysis.
BuiltWith is a powerful sales tool that helps you research your competition and uncover its digital advertising tools and strategies. Its features help maximize the impact of your internet marketing, SEO, PPC, and digital display ads.
- Easy to use and set up with other tools.
- Provides valuable insights into a lead's website, including the platforms and tools they are using.
- CRM integration and A/B testing features are helpful for lead generation.
- Platform listings could be organized better for quicker access.
- Pricing could be more competitive compared to alternatives.
Starting Price: 295$ per month
G2 rating: 4.3 / 5
Ideal for: SDRs, sales engineers, and marketers of all business sizes seeking to research prospects.
Clearbit is a data intelligence platform that offers data enrichment, lead generation, and personalized marketing tools. With accurate and user-friendly features, Clearbit enables businesses to gain valuable insights into customers and prospects. Its seamless integration with popular platforms like Salesforce, Marketo, and HubSpot enhances workflow efficiency.
- Extensive filter options for qualifying relevant data.
- Enables finding key decision-makers for quality leads.
- Seamless integration with marketing platforms enhances workflow efficiency.
- Lacks certain features like InMail and real-time notifications.
- Dashboard customization could be improved.
Starting Price: 99$ per month
G2 rating: 4.4/5
In sales, you have the choice to manually send individual emails or automate the process to reach a larger number of prospects with a single click. This can be time-consuming, but automation can streamline the process.
Sales engagement tools are designed to make these tasks easier and more efficient, providing automation features that save time and enable personalized outreach at scale.
I highly recommend investing in an email sequencing tool at the very least. Outreach is the gold standard for outbound, but Apollo is a terrific option for small and medium teams. These tools are designed to work with your CRM, so you can maintain a single source of truth.
- Dan Gower, the Director of Marketing at Desginli.
Explore sales engagement tools for your sales tech stack:
Ideal for: SDRs of Medium to large-scale business
Outreach is a leading sales engagement platform that enables multi-channel outreach (text, call, email and LinkedIn), combining sales engagement, conversation intelligence, and revenue intelligence in one integrated solution.
Trusted by over 5,000 companies, Outreach offers enterprise-scale capabilities and AI-powered innovation for effective multichannel communication.
- Task automation improves sales efficiency.
- Multichannel outreach enhances prospect engagement.
- Prospect tracking aids in better follow-up.
- Clunky user interface
- Occasional technical errors
Starting Price: Request for quote
G2 rating: 4.3/5
Personalized emails resonate with recipients, increase engagement and conversion rates because it addresses their individual needs and interests.
Explore personalized email tools tool for your sales tech stack:
Ideal for: B2B businesses across all sizes.
Lavender is an AI-powered sales email tool that enhances personalization with recommendations and optimization features, empowering sales professionals to craft impactful and customized cold emails for better results.
- Works anywhere and provides real-time scoring and coaching to improve email effectiveness.
- Helps remove spam words and keep emails concise, resulting in higher response rates.
- Free version available for job seekers.
- Lacks the ability to compose and save emails within the Lavender platform, making it slightly inconvenient.
- Pricing may be considered high for individual users, potentially limiting accessibility for some.
Starting Price: Starting 29$ per month ( free plan available)
G2 rating: 4.9 / 5
Additional Sales Support
Personalized demo software and conversation intelligence tools are among the powerful resources that can enhance the sales experience and improve conversion rates.
Explore sales support tools for your sales tech stack:
Ideal for: Businesses of every size seeking a personalized demo experience
Storylane empowers pre sales teams to create and share interactive product demos within 10 minutes! Prospective buyers can self-experience these demos without the need for direct sales interactions.
With our no-code platform, teams can capture, personalize, add guides, and publish demos hassle-free. These demos can be seamlessly embedded on websites and email campaigns or used for sales follow-ups.
- Solves the challenge of finding clean demo instances with appropriate data privacy.
- A User-friendly interface facilitates easy creation and updates of detailed product demos.
- Superior demo creation UI provides exceptional product-led experiences.
- Seamless integration with CRMs streamlines sales processes for enhanced productivity.
- A responsive customer support team ensures prompt assistance.
- Regular feature updates enhance platform functionality.
- Documentation could be more comprehensive.
Price: 40$ per month (free trial available)
G2 rating: 4.8/5
Ideal for: Contact centers and voice teams in SMBs and enterprises
Enthu is a conversation intelligence tool that analyzes customer conversations, offering actionable insights for improved agent performance, faster call QA, and affordable access to conversation analytics for businesses of all sizes.
- User-friendly interface for easy navigation.
- Provides actionable insights from transcribed customer conversations.
- Affordable scalability for businesses of all sizes.
- Priced slightly on the higher side.
- Integration with certain platforms can be complex.
Price: 49$ per month ( free plan available)
G2 rating: 4.9/5
Calendar tools can be useful for SDRs to streamline scheduling and time management, offering a centralized platform to organize appointments, events, and tasks for optimal productivity.
Explore calendar tool for your sales tech stack:
Ideal for: Individuals and teams specifying sales and other domains
Calendly simplifies appointment scheduling by eliminating back-and-forth emails, offering shared availability, time zone conversion, calendar syncing, and automated reminders for efficient and hassle-free appointment management.
- Integration with Google Calendar for seamless scheduling and synchronization.
- Offers a variety of meeting types to cater to different needs.
- Provides a free version for initial use and exploration.
- Limited tech support is available.
- Lack of a separate landing page for paid consultations.
- Mobile-friendliness and extension integration could be improved.
Starting Price: 8$ per month ( free plan available)
G2 rating: 4.7/5
3 Things to Consider While Selecting Tools for Sales Tech Stack
Choosing the right sales tech stack tools is crucial for optimizing your sales processes. Here are three important factors to consider:
1. Look out for integrations
Ensure that the tools you select in your sales tech stack seamlessly integrate with your existing systems, such as CRM and marketing automation platforms. This enables data synchronization, streamlines workflows, and provides a comprehensive view of your sales pipeline.
2. Check for flexibility
Assess if the tools can scale and adapt to your company's growth. Look for customizable features, scalability options, and the ability to accommodate evolving sales strategies. Flexibility ensures that the tools can support your changing needs over time.
3. Seek multi-purpose tools
Prioritize solutions that offer a range of functionalities beyond basic sales tasks. For your Sales tech stack, look for tools that combine features like contact management, email automation, reporting, and analytics. Having multi-purpose tools reduces the need for multiple software subscriptions, simplifies training, and promotes overall efficiency.
Exceed Your Sales Target Every Time
In today's "Work smarter, not harder" era, the value of leveraging technology in the workplace cannot be overstated. Gone are the days when anyone could suffice with manual efforts alone. Now, it's all about efficiency and staying ahead of the game.
Embrace the power of the sales tech stack to surpass your targets and maintain a competitive edge. With the right tools at your disposal, you can always stay one step ahead and easily achieve sales success.