When salespersons don't have access to the right resources and tools, they're at risk of losing out on potential sales leads and ultimately, reducing their profits.
The same can be said for sales managers and executives who are tasked with overseeing the performance of their teams.
The old-school sales tactics are becoming obsolete as more buyers expect instant answers, real-time data, personalized offers, and everything on demand.
To mitigate this problem you need the best sales intelligence software out there; one that is flexible enough to meet all the needs of your complex business.
We've already done the research for you and put together this list of the 13 best sales intelligence tools and software so that you can get started immediately without wasting time figuring out which ones are worth buying (and which ones aren't).
What Are Sales Intelligence Tools?
Sales intelligence tools are software solutions that help sales teams monitor and track the performance of their accounts, leads, and competitors.
The purpose of sales intelligence tools is to provide sales teams with the information they need to make informed decisions. This includes data on your competitors, accounts you want to sell, and leads who have expressed interest in what you offer but haven’t taken action yet.
They offer a range of capabilities to help sales teams with all sales process stages: prospecting for new opportunities, managing existing accounts, planning campaigns and events, and tracking activity in CRM systems.
Top 13 Sales Intelligence Tools and Software You Should Try in 2023
We ranked these 13 tools based on the features and the results they bring into your business. These are all well-known and highly rated—with various features and pricing options to suit your needs.
Storylane can wear multiple hats and help you with sales, marketing, and onboarding new customers to your product. It helps you build interactive product demos that helps your prospects understand the product's value without getting access to it via free trials or freemium models.
Building a demo with Storylane is simple and straightforward, as it comes with rich editing features and a no-code editor. So all you have to do is, capture the product page, edit and publish it. To ease the process of personalization, it has the auto personalization feature that allows you to add custom variables in the demo and make it relevant to each prospect.
Moreover, its in-depth analytics provides you with the data that helps you understand how your prospects react to your demo. All in all, it is one of the best tools for creating interactive product demos that are quick and helps shorten the sales cycle.
What can you do with Storylane?
- Create interactive product demos with a no-code editor.
- Add custom variables and make them relevant to each prospect.
- Track how your prospects are interacting with your demo and tweak it accordingly.
- Integrate with your CRM and stay on top of your prospects' actions.
- Generate product-qualified leads by embedding interactive demos in your website with opt-in.
- Shorten the sales cycle by showcasing the value of your product in the best light possible.
- Train new sales reps fast by creating a demo showing the product's ins and outs.
Apollo is a business-to-business (B2B) sales intelligence platform that gives you all the tools you need to prospect, engage and close more deals.
Sellers and marketers use Apollo to find prospects, build lists of potential customers, and develop new ways to reach out with relevant content. It also allows you to make data-based prospecting decisions based on split tests and sales analytics or else recommend prospects for you.
What can you do with Apollo?
- Find and manage your leads, prospects, and sales opportunities.
- Build lists of targeted companies based on location, industry, or domain.
- Send targeted emails to those lists to reach out to more customers.
3. LinkedIn sales navigator.
LinkedIn is an excellent place to find potential prospects, and its new sales navigator can help you do that. It uses LinkedIn’s data to create a list of leads—including their titles, companies they work for, job functions, and industries.
You can filter this list based on your criteria (e.g., company size or industry) before following up with these contacts directly through LinkedIn messaging or email.
What can you do with LinkedIn sales navigator?
- Find leads based on LinkedIn data.
- Filter the results based on your criteria
- Send messages directly to prospects through LinkedIn
- Automatically add contacts as leads in your CRM.
- Notifies you of all the insights related to your accounts and leads, including their job changes.
4. Hubspot sales hub.
The Hubspot sales hub is an all-in-one sales tool that combines CRM, email automation, lead scoring, and contact management. You can create custom workflows for your staff members to follow up with leads at different sales cycle stages.
As it has interaction and engagement tracking and notification, you can easily track where your prospects are currently in their sales journey to deliver the perfect message at the perfect time.
What can you do with Hubspot sales hub?
- You can easily track all the activities of your leads and prospects.
- It has an integrated email marketing tool that lets you create automated emails at different sales funnel stages.
- It helps you to organize all your contacts in one place and comes with a built-in CRM.
- It has a built-in lead scoring system that helps you prioritize your leads.
Clearbit's Data Enrichment products allow marketers to comprehensively view prospects by automatically adding verified company and contact data into sales records.
The product integrates many different tools, including Salesforce, G Suite (Google Apps), Outlook, HubSpot, Marketo, Zapier, and Segment. Clearbit's powerful platform leverages machine learning and human expertise to give sales teams immediate access to the data they need. So they can prioritize, qualify and route leads more quickly than ever.
What can you do with Clearbit?
- Add verified company and contact data into Salesforce, G Suite (Google Apps), Outlook, and HubSpot records.
- Convert anonymous email addresses into real people with Clearbit's Email Verification API.
- Use the Email Scoring API to score leads based on interaction with your message.
- Reveal who's visiting your website, create a personalized buying experience for each customer, and capture leads with short forms—all in real time.
- Use Clearbit's 100+ firmographic and technographic data points to create a complete picture of your Ideal Customer Profile to reach a targeted audience with low ad spending.
Groove is a sales productivity platform that makes salesforce easy to access and update from anywhere. It automates administrative tasks so you can spend less time on administration and more time closing deals.
Groove's software makes it possible for sales teams to automate their processes and collect more data about their work, which helps them improve their performance.
What can you do with Groove?
- Automate your sales process and increase productivity with customizable workflows
- Collect data about your sales team's activity, so you can make better decisions.
- Access Salesforce from anywhere, at any time
Outreach is a sales engagement platform that increases productivity by streamlining and automating collaboration between salespeople and their customers.
Outreach offers all the tools required for successful sales and marketing, including an outreach engine that seamlessly integrates with other internal systems.
What can you do with Outreach?
- Reach out to the prospect at the perfect time.
- Create an automated sequence to nurture leads and close deals faster.
- Use machine learning to analyze sales activity and identify trends.
- Optimize engagement by understanding customer behavior more deeply, then apply what you learn in all your sales processes
Adapt is a global business-to-business database provider. The company maintains over 100 million contacts, including industry-specific databases of job titles and contact information such as direct dials and emails.
Adapt is a single platform that combines two of the most effective sales acceleration products: Lead Builder and Prospector. Using Adapt's robust CRM integration, sales representatives can connect faster with the company’s database and engage seamlessly with prospects without delay.
What can you do with Adapt?
- Adapt is a marketing platform that enables modern marketers and sales teams to hit the target more easily.
- Create custom audiences based on contact information, interest, and behavior.
- Send personalized content that's relevant to your customers.
- Integrate with popular CRMs and marketing automation tools, including Salesforce, HubSpot, and Marketo.
Yesware aims to make a successful salesperson by helping track and optimize the lead nurturing process. The intelligence they offer on how prospects engage with your emails gives you insight into which of your messages are working best.
It automatically logs that information in Salesforce and enables you to build personalized trigger campaigns, which allow you to send messages at just the right time based on prospect behavior.
What can you do with Yesware?
- Automatically track emails and sales calls in Salesforce.
- Send personalized emails based on prospect behavior.
- Grow your pipeline with lead scoring and lead nurturing.
- Track sales activity with real-time reporting.
Lusha helps you with your prospecting efforts by providing a database of leads, including their contact information. The platform also offers sales teams a way to track each prospect's status and activity within the system.
You can use the smart search feature to pinpoint your target market and find relevant leads within the platform. It allows you to uncover ideal customer profile insights based on past searches, find out which source brings in the most leads, and achieve your KPIs even faster.
What can you do with Lusha?
- Create a profile for each of your customers, including their contact information, social media profiles, and other relevant details.
- Search for leads based on location, industry, and title criteria.
- Track the status of each prospect within Lusha’s system and know when they need more information or services from your business.
- Use Lusha’s reporting tools to get insights on your customer data and see which sources bring in the most leads.
Leadfeeder lets you know which companies are looking at your website, even if they never fill out a form or contact you. It also shows you information about the people who visit it—like their email addresses and phone numbers.
You can use this information to follow up with visitors who never inquired about your product or time your outreach at a point in the sales pipeline when potential clients are more likely to be open to learning more.
What can you do with Leadfeeder?
- Find out which companies are looking at your website.
- See the full names and titles of people who visit your website with their information.
- Connect with high-intent prospects as they are scored according to their activity with your website.
- You can use Leadfeeder Contacts to identify the best person at a visiting company with whom you should be in contact.
Designed to streamline lead identification and engagement, Seamless.ai offers a robust platform that connects with leads in real time and helps tailor highly personal messages—allowing you to build lists of more than 10,000 prospects within minutes.
It makes it easy to keep your database up-to-date and provides seamless integrations with HubSpot, Salesforce, Outreach—and many more.
What can you do with Seamless?
- Identify and reach out to new customers in seconds.
- Build lists of prospects lists with over 10,000 contacts.
- Get real-time access to your prospects’ data and engage with them in a personalized way.
Cience's Orchestrated Outbound program allows you to quickly and efficiently reach qualified sales prospects, delivering them directly into your business. It combines AI-enabled research, multi-channel outreach, and proprietary software to start sales conversations with your next best customers.
By integrating demand and lead generation into a comprehensive solution, CIENCE provides you with the tools to grow your business.
What can you do with Cience?
- Find the right person to engage with at a prospective company.
- Connect with your target accounts through a personalized outreach plan.
- Get immediate feedback on your cold calls and emails from a live person at the company.
Attract leads and close more deals.
Sales intelligence tools provide lots of useful functionality—from simple email address lookup to the ability to drive your entire sales process. The right stack depends on what you need from these tools and how they can help solve your problems.
If your team has the right tools and information, they can spend more time selling to qualified leads and less researching. And to get the best results from your marketing efforts, you have to ensure that people understand your product and why they should buy it.
Even after driving leads with all the listed tools, you need a tool that shortens your sales cycle and helps your sales rep to close more deals more effectively. That's where the role of Storylane comes in.
Storylane allows you to create an interactive demo that lets your prospect experience what it would be like using the product.